- Evidence shows that students who participate in an orientation prior to their first semester are more successful and engaged in their college experience.
- Orientation is a time when the student has the opportunity to integrate into the NMSU campus community by meeting faculty, staff, and create bonds with other students.
- Orientation allows the student to learn about the various campus resources available to them here at NMSU.
- Students have the opportunity to learn about academic requirements, course offerings, and registration procedures.
You can sign up for Aggie Welcome & Orientation by going to our Sign Up for Orientation button on the AWO webpage!
You will receive an email to both your personal email and NMSU email when the course is ready for you. It will be provided to you at least 5 days before your AWO session, so that you have time to complete the modules and be prepared for the live virtual experience on your AWO date.
The orientation fee for NMSU-Las Cruces is $165.00 for two-day freshman in-person sessions and $99.00 for all other sessions. This fee will be charged to your account upon registering for an orientation program. All first-time undergraduate students at New Mexico State University are required to pay the orientation fee and attend the program. A minimum of a $50.00 payment must be made to secure your spot at orientation. Your reservation will not be confirmed prior to the payment being received and the program you selected may not be available at a later date. This fee does go towards your overall cost of the orientation session. This fee provides programs and services to help new students with their transition to NMSU including the following:
- AWO Bag of Swag
- Online and In-Person Resources for Students and Families
- Crimson Kick-off week events
- Support of university programs throughout the year
- Meals for students and families during in-person orientations programs
- Housing for students during two-day in-person sessions
- If you are an incoming student and cannot make any of the scheduled AWO sessions, please contact our Orientation Specialist at 575-646-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss asynchronous options.
- If you are still planning to attend NMSU, we ask that you reschedule your orientation instead of cancelling. To reschedule, you can log back into the AWO reservation system and select another open date, at least 5 days prior to the one you have scheduled. If your session is already closed, or is in the past, you will need to call or email our office to get rescheduled.
- If you are no longer coming to NMSU, we can cancel your AWO reservation, and inactivate your application with NMSU (which includes cancelling any scholarships or housing assignments that you have).
- If you cancel more than 10 days before your AWO date (or before starting asynchronous orientation) – you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 days before your AWO date (or after starting asynchronous orientation) – you will receive a partial refund for your virtual session (we will keep the $50 deposit).
- NOTE: We will not cancel you simply because you did not show up for the session you registered for. It is your responsibility to cancel with our office.
- To cancel, please email the AWO office at email@example.com.
The Hold is ended by Aggie Welcome and Orientation staff after you have completed your Orientation. This must be done before you can meet with your Academic Advisor and register for classes
Absolutely! Both our in-person and virtual orientation sessions offer the option for family members and guest to have their own orientation experience. Family Orientation is separate from student orientation. We will be providing various resources, programming, and opportunities for connection with Family Outreach staff specifically for family during the student orientation dates. Please ensure that your family member or guest’s correct email address is provided in the Family Outreach section when you sign up for AWO. If you already submitted your form and would like to go back and add their email, you can edit your form here: https://newstudentregistration.nmsu.edu/login . For family orientation questions please contact the Family Outreach staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
¡Definitivamente! Nuestras sesiones de orientación en persona y virtual ofrecen la opción para que los miembros de la familia y los invitados tengan su propia experiencia de orientación. La orientación familiar está separada de la orientación estudiantil. Proporcionaremos varios recursos, programas y oportunidades para que las familias se conecten con el personal de “Family Outreach”, tendremos un programa específico para ellos durante las mismas fechas de orientación que sus estudiantes. Asegúrese de proporcionar la dirección de correo electrónico de su familiar o invitado cuando complete su formulario de registro de A.W.O. Si ya envió su formulario y desea agregar su correo electrónico, puede editar su formulario en este sitio web: https://newstudentregistration.nmsu.edu/login. Si tiene preguntas acerca de los familiares e invitados, comuníquese con el personal de “Family Outreach”, el correo de ellos es email@example.com.
Visit https://myaccount.nmsu.edu/activation to set up your NMSU email account.
- Once you’ve set up your myNMSU email; log on an set up your security questions
- To check email click blue icon on the left side under the LaunchPad
- If you have never checked your myNMSU email all you must do is pick a time zone and language
- After that you are free to roam about your email